Research Globally - Learn Locally
HGF March Meeting
Telling Your Family Story with Tropy
with Emily Vinson
Saturday, March 7
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Bayland Community Center
Houston, TX 77074
Genealogical research is bursting with digital images that fill hard drives with rich but difficult to access information. At the Houston Genealogical Forum meeting on March 7 Emily Vinson, Audiovisual Archivist at the University of Houston Libraries Special Collections, will introduce us to Tropy, a free open-source software that can transform an overwhelming digital accumulation of photos and documents into a sortable, searchable collection. She will demonstrate how to import photos into Tropy, edit photos, create metadata, and add tags and notes.
The meeting is open to all and no advanced registration is required. For more information, please see HGF March Meeting.
HGF Membership Renewal for 2020
All HGF 2019 memberships expired on December 31, 2019.
HGF members receive a number of very nice benefits including significantly reduced registraton fees for our all-day Seminars, the ability to read and download copies of our speaker's handouts, and online acces to the HGF publication, "The Genealogical Record". HGF's upcoming all-day Seminars for this Spring are Writing Your Family History and Organizing Your Family Reserach, two topics almost all genaealogists need a bit of help with. Speaker handouts which members can access include those from our Fall speakers: Victoria Woo on planning your genealogical estate, Irene Walters on many methods for overcoming your brick walls, and James Beidler on resources for German genealogy.
Membership fees for 2020 are the same as for 2019:
- Individual Memberships - $ 25.00
- Family Memberships - $ 35.00
Renewing your membership online is straightforward:
- Log onto the website. Once you've logged on, you'll see your name under the picture in the uppper right corner of the web page.
- Click on Member Resources in the left menu and then on Profile to take you to your membership page.
- Click on Renew Membershp to see your membership plan and payment options.
- Choose whether you wish to pay with a credit card through PayPal or by mail with a check.
- Click in the small grey box and enter the number which appears in the white box. This is a web security feature.
- Proceed with you payment option