- This event has passed.
DNA Interest Group (DIG) – Ancestry’s New DNA Matches
June 1 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Ancestry’s New & Improved DNA Matches
Bayland Community Center
Using Ancestry Labs new AncestryDNA Matches, you can much more easily sort, group, and view your DNA matches to help you place them in your family tree. In this DIG session these new features will be reviewed including
- Filtering Matches by Private , Public, or Unlinked trees, Common ancestors, and whether you’ve viewed the Match before
- Grouping and viewing Matches by Close or Distant Matches and by custom groups you’ve created
- Searching for Matches by Surname and location
- Evaluating the probabilities of possible relationships between you and a Match
- Automated labeling of Matches by maternal or paternal based if you’ve tested your mother or father
We’ll also look at a systematic ways of doing these groupings which can be done within Ancestry without using spreadsheets or other websites.