HGF March Seminar
Research Strategies, German Records, and City Directories
by Teresa Steinkamp McMillin
Every genealogist would like to improve their research strategies, many are interested in German records, and most use city directories as a basic resource. In this all-day seminar, Teresa McMillin combines long experience as a genealogist with knowledge of the German language and script to show both beginning and experienced genealogists how to use these strategies and resources to make new discoveries about their family stories. Seminar sessions include:
• Oh Where, Oh Where Are My Ancestors From
• Read the Tabloids: German Church Records
• Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of German Military Records
• Reading Between the Lines of the City Directory
Saturday, March 3, 2018
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
(Refreshments start at 9:00 am)
Bayland Community Center
6400 Bissonnet, Houston, TX 7707
For more information on seminar topics, admission fees, and ordering lunch, please see HGF March Meeting.
2018 Membership Renewal
HGF Membership for 2018
It’s time to renew your HGF membership for 2018 and enjoy the great new benefits that have been added including:
- No admission fee for HGF meetings and seminars by national speakers including all-day seminars in February and March. Non-members are charged $20.00 for each seminar.
- Reduced pricing for the special HGF 60th Anniversary Seminar in April with Lisa Louise Cooke.
- Discounts on HGF Classes by Marje Harris.
- Online access to speaker’s presentations and handouts.
- Access to the HGF publication The Genealogical Record.
You may renew your membership online, by mail, or at the monthly meetings. For more information, please go to Renew Your Membership